Saturday 22 December 2012

Rounin Kenshin Live action review


Most of my childhood memories were bustling with old school animes such as inuyasha, dragonball and slam dunk. Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X) remains as one of the best samurai series of all time. So when Warner brothers announced that the live action movie for Rurouni kenshin will be hitting the theatre, I could barely contain my joy. I was initially skeptical about the film, remember the dragonball live action movie? (T.T) But when I watched the trailer, boy, my hype level just went off the chart. It looks friggin awesome. 




I got shivers down my spine after watching the trailer. It's like a fanboy dream come true! The characters looks awesome, the sword fighting scenes was intense and it leaves me wanting to watch more! Indeed, when I sat down in the cinema, I was griping the edge of my seat in excitement. Although,  the movie plot didn't follow closely to the manga (otherwise it will drag for more than 4 hours), it did a great job in taking different elements in the manga and crafting them into a believable plot. 

Takeru Sato as himura kenshin, a dead copy of kenshin with his mannerism and that cross-scar
The fighting scenes are simply exciting to watch without being too far-fetched keeping this a live-action movie. The rest of the cast also did a good job depicting their characters.

If you are a true samurai x fan, this film is for you. =)

No time for small flies. We mean business.
Killer instinct over 9000!


No comments:

Post a Comment